We're looking for an outstanding Linux Web Administrator to join a top-notch group supporting world class science and technology at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). Zurka Interactive is expanding our team at NRL in Washington, D.C. You will be part of a team managing IT services on unclassified and classified networks for 5,000 users. You'll be working with a variety of technologies in a heterogeneous computing environment.
NRL is an environment in which members of the team have a great deal of autonomy and numerous opportunities to grow their technical knowledge. Your work will involve responsibility for systems architecture, engineering, and administration for a complex systems environment on classified and unclassified networks. The environment will continue to grow and evolve providing challenges and opportunities for professional growth and collaboration. In the past we've supported researches doing work on nanoscience, autonomous systems and experiments deployed on the International Space Station.
You must possess proven administration ability on RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and/or CentOS 6 and 7. The ability to write and debug shell (bash) scripts, and leverage configuration management solutions (Ansible preferred). You must have working knowledge of and real-world experience troubleshooting TCP/IP IPv4 environments.
- B.S. Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering or related technical field
- A minimum 3 years of systems administration experience is required.
We're looking for someone with demonstrated experience across several of the following areas:
- Focus on maintenance and upgrades of the web hosting environment
- Must have experience with Apache, PHP, Perl, Tomcat, MySQL and Postgres
- Experience reviewing routine Web Vulnerability scans and bringing in resources to remediate any open issues
- Experience supporting web developers as needed
- Must be familiar with Apache STIG and the impacts of applying settings to an existing environment
- Experience with the Application Server STIG is a plus
- Experience with OpenAFS is desirable, but not required
Strong preference will be given to candidates who meet DoD 8570 requirements for an IAT II level position, including an active CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
Benefits include competitive compensation, health insurance, 401k, paid vacation, all federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day), casual dress, a flexible work schedule, top notch equipment and a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
This position is full time, on-site at NRL DC.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.
Job Type: Full-time