Join a sharp, fun team doing challenging work supporting world class science and technology. At the Center for Computational Science at the US Naval Research Laboratory, you'll be part of a small team responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Windows platform user workstations.
You will provide user assistance and general troubleshooting, application and OS patch management, antivirus deployment, system security, and email client support (Outlook, Thunderbird). You will be responsible for the setup and configuration of new desktops (domain and standalone), maintaining system compliance with DoD and NRL security standards, troubleshooting hardware and software problems, and performing hardware and software installations and upgrades.
Candidate must have experience working in a team environment and possess excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- B.S. Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Technology or related degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience administering systems in an AD environment.
- Prior experience with Windows 7 and 10 configuration and administration.
- Prior experience with PKI certificate-based authentication
- Prior experience with DoD STIG implementation
- Experience supporting POP & IMAP email clients.
- Hands-on experience with Antivirus and patch management solutions.
- Prior experience with Mac OS X is a plus.
- Operational understanding of Active Directory is a plus
- Knowledge of DoD system accreditation is a plus
- Knowledge of Kerberos authentication, and Windows Certificate Authority experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, fibre-channel networking, cabling infrastructure, and data network components (routers, switches, adapters) is a plus
- Familiarity with IA tools and frameworks, as well as vulnerability scanning is a plus
- Prior experience supporting Windows Server 2012R2 and/or 2016 is a plus
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD Secret security clearance.
Benefits include competitive compensation, health insurance, 401k, paid vacation, all federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day), casual dress, a flexible work schedule, top notch equipment and smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
This position is full time, on-site at NRL DC.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.