We're looking for an outstanding Storage & Backup Administrator to join a top-notch group supporting world class science and technology at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). Zurka Interactive is expanding our team at NRL in Washington, D.C. You will be part of a team managing IT services on unclassified and classified networks for 5,000 users. You'll be working with a variety of technologies in a heterogeneous computing environment.
NRL is an environment in which members of the team have a great deal of autonomy and numerous opportunities to grow their technical knowledge. Your work will involve responsibility for systems architecture, engineering, and administration for a complex systems environment on classified and unclassified networks. The environment will continue to grow and evolve providing challenges and opportunities for professional growth and collaboration. In the past we've supported researches doing work on nanoscience, autonomous systems and experiments deployed on the International Space Station.
You must have experience with Linux, Windows, NetBackup and supporting iSCSI and Fiber Channel SANs, as well as Network Attached Storage devices.
- B.S. Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering or related technical field preferred
- A minimum 3 years of systems administration experience is required.
We're looking for someone with demonstrated experience across several of the following areas:
- Implementation, maintenance and monitoring NetBackup-based backups of Linux and Windows servers
- Configuration and maintenance of storage arrays, tape libraries
- Experience supporting FC and/or iSCSI devices and SANs
- Support of Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices
- Experience with cloud storage is desirable
Strong preference will be given to candidates who meet DoD 8570 requirements for an IAT II level position, including an active CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Competitive compensation,
- Health/dental/vision insurance (Six plan options, including $0 deductible POS and EPO plans; company pays 75% of premium for employee, spouse and dependents),
- Company-provided STD and life insurance,
- Access to healthcare and dependent care FSAs,
- Optional supplemental life insurance and long-term disability,
- 401k (6 month waiting period, then company matches 100% of first 6% of salary contributed),
- Paid vacation, sick, jury duty, bereavement, parental leave,
- All federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day),
- Casual dress,
- A flexible work schedule,
- Job-related certification and training course reimbursement
- Top notch equipment,
- And a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
This position is full time, on-site at NRL DC.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zurka Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Some positions do require a current or active Department of Defense security clearance, which does require U.S. citizenship.