The Senior Windows Administrator is responsible for the design, installation, configuration, and implementation of the Windows infrastructure which includes Active Directory, DNS servers, and workstations. The ideal candidate should have enterprise level experience in maintaining physical and virtual servers and hosts. The duties include, monitoring, managing, maintaining, and troubleshooting a Windows environment as well as mentoring junior administrators. The candidate should be able to be a leading contributor on large projects, be a self-starter, and able to work operate in a collaborative environment. Candidate should have a proven ability of hardening the Windows operating system to security standards and benchmarks, i.e., DISA STIGs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field strongly preferred.
- At least 7-10 years of Active Directory related work experience
- Strong knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- Expert experience with Windows Server and Active Directory including Local and Group Policy, security hardening and Remediation
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP
- Expert knowledge of Forest & Domain architecture
- Strong knowledge of highly available file services (i.e., DFS)
- Experience with backup/restore of Windows services
- Knowledge of VMWare technologies
Strong preference will be given to candidates who meet DoD 8570 requirements for an IAT II level position, including an active CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installation, management and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows systems
- Administration of ADFS and AADC
- Management of Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Performance of all security/compliance functions for Windows server environments: (Assured Compliance Acceptance Center (ACAS), log aggregation, Host Based Security System (HBSS) ) to monitor and mitigate vulnerabilities and ensure compliance
- Competitive compensation,
- Health/dental/vision insurance (Six plan options, including $0 deductible POS and EPO plans; company pays 75% of premium for employee, spouse and dependents),
- Company-provided STD and life insurance,
- Access to healthcare and dependent care FSAs,
- Optional supplemental life insurance and long-term disability,
- 401k (6 month waiting period, then company matches 100% of first 6% of salary contributed),
- Paid vacation, sick, jury duty, bereavement, parental leave,
- All federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day),
- Casual dress,
- A flexible work schedule,
- Job-related certification and training course reimbursement
- Top notch equipment,
- And a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
This position is full time, on-site at NRL DC.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zurka Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Some positions do require a current or active Department of Defense security clearance, which does require U.S. citizenship.