We're looking for an outstanding Senior Linux Administrator to join a top-notch group supporting world class science and technology at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). You will be part of a team managing IT services on unclassified and classified networks for 5,000 users, working with a variety of technologies in a heterogeneous computing environment.
NRL is an environment in which members of the team have a great deal of autonomy and numerous opportunities to grow their technical knowledge. Your work will involve responsibility for systems architecture, engineering, and administration for a complex systems environment on classified and unclassified networks. The environment will continue to grow and evolve providing challenges and opportunities for professional growth and collaboration. In the past we've supported researches doing work on nanoscience, autonomous systems and experiments deployed on the International Space Station.
- B.S. Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, Engineering or related technical field
- A minimum 3 years of systems administration experience is required.
We're looking for someone with demonstrated skills and experience in the following areas:
- Possession and demonstration of a positive "can-do" attitude
- Experience managing environments with 50+ RHEL 6 and 7 servers.
- Demonstrated experience with server configuration management (infrastructure automation) tools (i.e. - Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience supporting the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack
- Experience applying DISA STIGs and running SCAP checks
- Experience supporting enterprise server hardware (Dell or HP)
- Ability to write and modify existing scripts (shell, Perl and Python)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (i.e. - Nagios, Cacti, etc)
In addition to the above, experience in several of the following areas is very desirable:
- Ansible for server configuration management/infrastructure automation
- AWS or Azure cloud environments (migration and support)
- VMware vSphere administration
- MySQL database administration
- PostgreSQL database administration
- Apache Web Server
- Apache Tomcat Application Server
- Cisco Catalyst/Nexus switch configuration (OSI layer 2)
- NetBackup administration
- Enterprise storage administration (FC, iSCSI, NAS)
- Red Hat Identity Management (IdM)
Strong preference will be given to candidates who meet DoD 8570 requirements for an IAT II level position, including an active CompTIA Security+ certification or equivalent.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
This position is full time, on-site at NRL DC.
Benefits include competitive compensation, health/dental/vision insurance, company-provided STD and life insurance policies, optional long-term disability and supplemental life insurance, healthcare and dependent care FSAs, generous 401(k) match (eligible after 6 months of employment), paid vacation and sick leave, all federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day), casual dress, a flexible work schedule, top notch equipment and a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.