We're looking for a Facilities Project Manager to join a top-notch group supporting world class science and technology at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). Zurka Interactive is expanding our team at NRL in Washington, D.C. Our current team manages IT services on unclassified and classified networks for 5,000 users and works with a variety of technologies in a heterogeneous computing environment.
The candidate will work on-site at NRL to plan, coordinate, track and report on ongoing building facilities projects, including general building infrastructure and computer room and network facilities. We will consider a part-time or full-time candidate.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Department of Defense Top Secret clearance is required
- Prior project management experience working in a cleared facility
- Experience with and a solid understanding of:
- Electrical and heating/ac systems used in computer facilities
- Rack placement for optimal environmental control
- Environmental monitoring systems and hardware
- Access/Entry systems
- General office remodeling, including cubicle layout and configuration and bathroom remodeling
- Installation of audiovisual equipment
- Experience with layout, environmental controls, security and monitoring of computer rooms in a cleared facility
- Experience coordinating with government and civilian personnel
- Excellent oral and written communication
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support and recommendations in the design, development and oversight of computer room and building facilities, including general office remodeling, bathroom remodeling, cubicle configuration, audiovisual equipment installation, facilities, security and monitoring of computer rooms
- Coordinate work done by NRL, NAVFAC and vendor personnel responsible for the installation and management of power and environmental systems
- Plan, track and report on ongoing building projects, communicating with Direct and senior Branch personnel as necessary
- Document standard operating procedures, identify issues and place trouble calls
- Participate in the design and installation of large power distribution and generator units, as well as electrical and heating/ac systems used in support of computer rooms and network facilities
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret security clearance.
- Competitive compensation,
- Health/dental/vision insurance (Six plan options, including $0 deductible POS and EPO plans; company pays 75% of premium for employee, spouse and dependents),
- Company-provided STD and life insurance,
- Access to healthcare and dependent care FSAs,
- Optional supplemental life insurance and long-term disability,
- 401k (6 month waiting period, then company matches 100% of first 6% of salary contributed),
- Paid vacation, sick, jury duty, bereavement, parental leave,
- All federal holidays (yes, even Columbus Day),
- Casual dress,
- A flexible work schedule,
- Job-related certification and training course reimbursement
- Top notch equipment,
- And a smart, pleasant group of people to work with.
About the US Naval Research Laboratory (NRL)
NRL operates as the Navy's full-spectrum corporate laboratory, conducting a broadly based multidisciplinary program of scientific research and advanced technological development directed toward maritime applications of new and improved materials, techniques, equipment, systems and ocean, atmospheric, and space sciences and related technologies.
This position is full time, on-site at NRL DC.
About Zurka Interactive
Zurka develops web based applications and IT solutions for commercial and government clients. It supports research and development at the US Naval Research Laboratory with on-site staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Zurka Interactive LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Some positions do require a current or active Department of Defense security clearance, which does require U.S. citizenship.